Wednesday 18 April 2012

Dotty About...Pretty Pastels

Is it the arrival of Spring which has turned on the pastel loving fiend in me?

I don't know what has become of me lately, but I used to wince at the sight of a subdued, muted pastel colour, and now, put enough of them together, and I just can't get enough. Subdued! Pah! Delightfully lively I would now say, with expressions used such as:

  • Candy Floss

  • Sorbet

  • Sugary

  • Icing
  • I was reading an article in Country Homes & Interiors magazine about ceramics designer, Julie Pettitt who likes to incorporate all these things into her ceramics to make them look good enough to eat! They sure do!

    Here are some pastel inspirations to whet your appetite for all things peach, lemon and teal:

    Images from my Pinterest board "All About Peach and Pastels" for links to original items

    No comments:

    Post a Comment