Tuesday 10 May 2011

Dotty About...Lemons

My top 5 lemon recipe's

1) My Grandma's Magic Lemon Pudding - It really is magic. You make it as a sponge mix, then the egg white separates itself, forming a meringue base with a sponge top. It is so yummy and easy to make that it's my number 1!




2) Lemon Meringue Cake - Nigella Lawson
- Oh My Gosh! if you haven't tried it yet, well, quite frankly you haven't lived. A particular favourite of a certain lemon cake lover round here who shall be known as Mr M.



3) Lemon Drizzle Cake - Annie Bell - unfortunately, Annie Bell doesn't seem to have her own website but she has done a series of these fantastic books. This particular book, Gorgeous Cakes, is one of my favourites, and contains the recipe for the infamous battenburg that was the surprise top tier on my sister's wedding cake.



4) Lemon & Poppy Seed Cupcakes - My own mixed up recipe using the Lemon cupcake recipe from the Annie Bell book but adding poppy seeds. They happen to be my favourite seeds, and I am partial to the old lemon and poppy seed muffins in Costa Coffee, although they don't seem to want to reveal their recipe to me...how rude! ;-) - I feel a Dotty About... coming on! That will be challenging.




5) Lemon Curd - well we couldn't have a top 10 lemon recipe list without admitting the old faithful. My taste buds go banana's when they see a beautiful golden sponge cake with lemon curd and cream ooozing out the sides...Mmmmm (sorry, a Nigella moment, forgive me!) Here is a lovely simple recipe for lemon curd from Nigel Slater as featured in the Guardian.

No comments:

Post a Comment